Dinner @ Barbuzzo, Philadelphia
Barbuzzo’s reputation is no hype. All the plates we ordered were perfectly executed, the service is attentive but not intrusive and the scene is vibrant and bustling. It’s money well spent for a little indulgence after a hard day at work.
1. BARBUZZO “PIG POPCORN”
2. CHICKEN LIVER AND FOIE GRAS MOUSSE
3. SHEEPS MILK RICOTTA
4. ROASTED MARROW BONE
– The best part of this dish is the generous amount of marrow, roasted but not dry, so spreadable on those crunchy crostini. And, the side salad in vinaigrette cleanses your palate with the acidity after every bite.
5. GRILLED SPANISH OCTOPUS & CALAMARI
6. CACIOCAVALLO STUFFED MEATBALLS
– Barbuzzo’s meatballs are on fire. It’s the most beloved dish on the menu according to our server. They are moist and served with just the right amount of red sauce. The fire of the chile makes the difference. It’s strong but doesn’t burn the palate.