Zahav is the first Israeli restaurant I’ve been to. The service was fabulous. Our group was served complimentary glasses of wine while we waited to be seated.
We all decided to order the tasting menu called Tayim. It included Salatim and Hummus for the table then 2 mezze, 1 skewer and 1 dessert per person.
For the Table:
– a collection of small plates of vegetables seasoned with mediterranean oils and spices.
– most popular – with sesame paste, garlic, lemon, olive oil, cumin, parsley.
– with warm chickpeas.
My personal choices:
1. Grilled Duck Hearts
2. Kofte which is ground beef and lamb, cumin, peppers, carrots.
3. Royal trumpet mushrooms, mujadara, walnuts and crispy lamb’s tongue
– Fabulous !! The flavors were robust and the combination interesting and sophisticated.